Thursday, April 13, 2023

Age Gap Romance, Part 1 - HP Mallory

Slow burn contemporary romance with a femme fatale in training.


This was a bit of a different read for me – a contemporary romance. I don’t read those very often. As the title suggests, there is an age gap, which would normally make me give it a bit of side-eye but actually I was OK with how this was written.


I love the way that HP Mallory writes and these books are easy to read. Given that the characters were an older male in a position of authority and a younger female, the power dynamic was not what I’d expected. In fact it turned out to be almost the opposite, which was a bonus for me. As characters go, I liked the FMC, even if I did find her frustrating at times, although that might be because she is 21 and I have not been 21 for a while. 


In terms of sex scenes, it’s a romance, so sexual activity is alluded to and discussed by the characters. The book opens on one of the funniest descriptions of terrible sex that I’ve read in quite some time, which I have to say, delighted me.


The actual romance itself is a slow burn, which worked well in the setting. There is a second book, so I’m expecting more spice in that one.


If contemporary romance with an age gap is your thing, I recommend you give this a try.


Available from Amazon




 

No comments:

Post a Comment