Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Mermaid Mayhem (Misty Hollow, Book 1) HP Mallory & JR Rain

Great start to a new series


I enjoyed this book. I’ve read the Haven Hollow series by the same authors and honestly, I was expecting more of the same, however this Hollow seems to be a little different. For a start, it's still under construction and it's owned by a vampire.


The characters are fun and different. There is the potential for romance but none in this book. I like that although we are in another Hollow, the setting is so far removed from Haven Hollow that it couldn't possibly be compared.


I was pleasantly surprised to find the main character is not just a mermaid living in a hot swamp, she’s a siren with a difficult past and needs a safe place to be. She’s also a private investigator who has been called in to investigate the disappearance of three key members of the unfinished Hollow. No spoilers here but the perp wasn’t the obvious suspect and that made me happy. The ending also had a wonderfully creepy feel and that made me even happier.


I’m looking forward to the next book now. 


Available from Amazon




No comments:

Post a Comment