Monday, October 17, 2022

The Assassin in the Castle (Crown of Lies, Book 2) - HP Mallory & JR Rain

This series keeps getting better.


I dropped everything else to read this book as I had enjoyed the first book so much. I wasn’t disappointed. This book was equally engrossing and I could not put it down. Yet again, it felt like it ended too soon because I was so immersed in it. There was action, fighting, politics and a lot of sexual tension. There were non-explicit scenes of a sexual nature.


This is the second book in a new Historical Fantasy Romance series from HP Mallory and JR Rain. The book is set in a fantasy realm in and around the Kingdom of Woodfall Gath.


Charlotte soon finds herself accompanying Nicolo on a personal journey outside the gath, which would give her ample opportunity to carry out her mission. However, when they leave the castle and the politics behind, she sees a new side of him and finds she is unable to do so. She’s already taken too long and assassins are now coming for her. 


Much like the Genie from Aladdin, I found myself shouting at Charlotte to tell him the truth; to explain everything, including the captive boy with the violet eyes. Much like Aladdin, Charlotte withheld the truth for too long and unsurprisingly, there were consequences to that. 


These characters are very well thought out. The worldbuilding is brilliant and the story so believable that I didn’t want it to end. I have a theory on the identity of the boy with the violet eyes but I don’t know whether to write it here in case I am right. I can’t wait for book three.


The reading order so far


Crown of Lies, Book 1 : The Man with the Violet Eyes

Crown of Lies, Book 2 : The Assassin in the Castle



Available from Amazon





 

No comments:

Post a Comment