Thursday, January 6, 2022

Hauntingly Happy (Midlife Spirits, Book 10) - HP Mallory

The Voodoo Who Do What You Don’t Dare Do People

This is book 10 of Midlife Spirits, a Paranormal Women’s Fiction series of novels from HP Mallory. The book is set in the Garden District of New Orleans, USA. There is some romantic interest although there are no scenes of a sexual nature in this book.


This series keeps on getting better. I am so invested in these characters. HP Mallory’s fluid writing style makes it easy to race through the book in an evening. Excellent character development and world building. I have a good practical knowledge of modern western witchcraft but for me these books have really sparked an interest in the Voodoo practices from New Orleans.


This story takes an unusual turn by briefly pulling in some characters from Mallory’s Haven Hollow series for a cameo. It is relevant, so it does work, although I was surprised to see them there. You don’t need to have read the Haven Hollow series to understand their role in this narrative, however if you haven’t read them, I recommend that you do.


As with most of the books in this series, just as you think you know what’s happening and where the story is going, Mallory throws in a curve ball and you head off in a new direction. Although I was confident in some of my predictions, I did not expect the endings I got in these last two books. I cannot wait for book 11.



The reading order for this series is as follows:


Book 1: Afraid of the Dark

Book 2: A Ghost of a Chance

Book 3: Mischief Brewing

Book 4: Bump in the Night

Book 5: Bone Voyage

Book 6: Deadly Intentions

Book 7: Ghostly Gathering

Book 8: Magic in the Night

Book 9: Making Spirits Bright

Book 10: Hauntingly Happy



Available from Amazon





No comments:

Post a Comment