Wednesday, November 10, 2021

What If? - Bethany S Casey

A poignant, evocative and educational look at the impact of mental illness. 


This is a beautifully written short standalone novella covering the very emotive topics of childhood neglect, mental illness and suicidal ideation. The book does have a content warning for those who may find the subject difficult.


The book is written from the perspective of a young person who is discussing their trauma whilst deciding whether or not to end it all. It’s not all doom and gloom though. It’s a fantastic insight into the human condition and how fragile we all are at times.


I read through this in an hour and spent the next hour processing the feelings it evoked. Even if you’ve never experienced the subjects raised in this book, I’d definitely recommend reading it. It’s educational, thought-provoking and for me personally, I hope its helped me see the world more clearly through the eyes of others who had less fortunate upbringings than I did.


Available from Amazon





No comments:

Post a Comment