Friday, November 26, 2021

Call of the Deep - JC McKenzie

Standalone cosy paranormal romance 


This is a standalone Cosy Paranormal Romance set on a small island on Canada’s Sunshine Coast. There is romance and there are some scenes of a sexual nature.


I enjoyed this book. It encompassed all the things I wanted from an evening with my feet up and a book in my hands; interesting characters, family drama, secrets, betrayal, an element of danger and an unusual supernatural love interest. 


The writing is easy to read and I quickly found myself lost in this world filled with fae, witches, sea sprites and mermaids.


Willa has finally ditched her cheating ex and needs to get away from her controlling Mother. A stay on the island helping her aunt run her small bookshop seems like just the place to get over all that and try to get back to being herself again. She arrives on the island only to find that her aunt has gone missing and she’s left trying to hold the reins in the bookshop while helping to look for her aunt. 


As if that’s not enough stress, her life is thrown into even more turmoil when her aunt’s very large and very good looking friend Lon turns up looking for her during a storm at 3am. Willa finds herself wildly attracted to him, which she feels is inappropriate, especially as he offers to help look for her aunt. Her time with him uncovers some family secrets which throw everything into turmoil and change Willa’s perspective on her entire life.


This book presents itself as a standalone novel but I’m really hoping there will be more. I love the setting, I really like the characters and I feel that there is so much more potential from them. I want to know more! One book isn’t enough.



Available from Amazon





No comments:

Post a Comment