Sunday, July 4, 2021

Decadent Sins : Heather Relken

Sometimes it takes something darker than good to defeat what is truly evil.

I loved every minute of reading this book. It’s on my list of favourite books which I will read time and time again.


This book is a standalone dark paranormal romance with descriptive scenes of murder, torture and scenes of a sexual nature. There is a trigger warning for child endangerment and another for rape of an adult woman. It is within the context of the book and is essential to the story. Be warned. Here be monsters. 


Malah is a reluctant Princess, forced into marriage with an abusive Prince and living under the despotic rule of his father, the King; a ruler who tortures and kills his people on a whim. Life is not sacred in his kingdom. 


Malah is treated as a pariah in his castle, with no one to talk to and no one turn to, so after accidentally killing her husband during one of his bouts of rage, her only option is to call upon the man her husband had frequently paid to torture her. He takes her, for a price and she hides with him in fear for her life, hoping her past doesn’t catch up with her. 


When your enemy has dark magic at their disposal, just how long can you remain hidden?


This is a story of a fight for survival. Of finding home and family in the most unexpected of places. Of love born from pain and torment. Sometimes it takes something darker than good to defeat what is truly evil.


This book is full of suspense and so well written. I've been glued to this story. Malah came across as resourceful and intelligent. Her character continued to grow throughout the story. Crane, her unplanned love interest, is a dark man; morally grey and increasingly devoted to her. He reminds me a little bit of Loki and I love that. The many tense scenes were perfectly paced and I read them with a healthy dose of trepidation!


I originally read this book as a Beta read. It was the first book I’d read by Heather Relken but I guarantee it definitely won’t be the last. She’s straight into my list of favourite authors. I’ve already started on her back catalogue. 


Available from Amazon





No comments:

Post a Comment