Sunday, May 2, 2021

Shadowmark (Raven Cursed Book 4) : McKenzie Hunter

This is the fourth instalment of McKenzie Hunter’s Raven Cursed series and this is turning out to be my favourite of all the work she has done so far.  If you’ve read the previous books, you’ll definitely want to dive headlong into this. Once again, I paused everything else I was reading to immerse myself back into this universe. I originally read this book in January 2021.

I love McKenzie Hunter’s style of writing. It flows well and pulls you along at a pace which matches the scenes being described. I can read these books with confidence, knowing there won’t be any glaring grammatical or continuity errors to break the suspension of my disbelief.


I am fully invested in all the characters and they are so well developed. I read a lot, often around seven books a week and I can honestly say that Erin is one of my favourite female characters. I relate to her so strongly. In terms of character development, there has been a marked growth in her maturity and magical ability over the series and I found myself really rooting for her.


In the last few books we have had the question of #teammephisto or #teamasher. Without spoilers, I can confirm that a decision was finally made and I, for one, was very happy with that decision. Here’s hoping that there are more of these scenes in future books.


I finished the book having had many questions answered as one story arc closed but with many more raised as a new arc began. As ever, the ending was dramatic and brilliantly done. I hadn’t seen it coming and I’m delighted. That big shiny hook has definitely reeled me in and I’m hankering for book five. It can’t come soon enough.


If you read and enjoyed the previous books in this series, you won’t be disappointed. If you haven’t read the previous books, what are you waiting for? Go and get them.


I’m off to nurse my book hangover with a cuppa and a lie down. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. 


Available from Amazon






No comments:

Post a Comment